The result is a gentle balanced and refreshed look, with a focus on harmonizing the facial regions.
As we age, the effects of time, gravity, sun exposure, stress and genetics inevitably take their toll on our faces, producing wrinkles, folds, fat deposits and loose skin. So, what makes skin look youthful? Youthful skin is hydrated, with even pigmentation, smooth and firm. A facelift performed by Dr. Brady visibly reduces the signs of aging and provides a youthful, natural appearance.
The facelift procedure is one of the most common in the world. It is also one of the most complex, and requires deep knowledge and artistry. Historically, facelifts focused on a "tightening" of the skin. Now, using an array of the most up-to-date techniques, Dr. Brady focuses on restoring youthful qualities, for a look and feel that is truly natural.
A good facelift works with the facial muscle first, and then the skin. It also works with non-invasive tools like lasers and ultherapy. To begin, it requires a close examination: each individuals face is proportioned differently, and especially attention must be paid to the neck, upper lids and lower lids. A custom strategy is created that considers the individual's facial anatomy and desires.
- The key to a facelift is creating a natural, balanced and beautiful look.
- The procedure begins with a surgical incision around the ear, sometimes extending into the scalp. Then, depending on individual needs, there is sculpting, lifting and repositioning the underlying fat, muscle and deep tissues, while also a trimming and re-draping of the skin for dramatic, yet natural-looking results.
- Additionally, non-surgical methods, such as laser technology, cosmetic fillers, fat injections and ultherapy, are used, varying according to the needs of the individual patient. Ultherapy is the best way to maintain the results of the face lift.
- Sometimes facelift surgery requires a restoration of volume, known as fat grafting. This procedure is effective in treating sunken cheeks, facial lines, acne scars and other areas of lost volume that have developed as a result of aging, sun damage and other conditions. The fat is taken from the abdomen, thighs or other areas.
- The procedure can last 2 - 8 hours and is typically performed under general anesthesia, although local anesthesia combined with a sedative is also possible, depending on the procedure.
RECOVERY / POST-OPERATIVE
After a facelift, patients may experience mild discomfort, bruising, swelling and drainage for a few days. You can wash your hair after two days and can likely return to work within a week. It is recommended that patients avoid strenuous activity for four to six weeks after surgery until swelling has completely subsided.
The results of the facelift will be immediately noticeable and will continue to improve for up to three months, as swelling and other side effects begin to fade.